Thursday, February 15, 2007

Ramblings...

Why is it that people love to spew on me? What is it about me that allows this behavior to go on? Thinking about this today, I have come to realize that there must be something about me fundamentally that proclaims to the world "please be mean to me, say awful things to me, treat me as if I am inferior to you."

On a better and different note, all of my travel plans have been finalized for India. All of my hotel and air and train reservations have been made. I have checked out most of the hotels in which I will be staying on the internet, and they look to be good. I am so excited! I don't know what I am most excited about yet--the 7 day ayurveda retreat (with yoga) in Kerala or seeing and experiencing the great city of Varanasi. (Varanasi was described to me as "intense." I can't wait to experience the intensity myself!) Or perhaps my assent to the great fort in Jaipur on elephant back or seeing the Taj Mahal with my own eyes! There's simply too much to even think about.

I was hoping to get my visa application sent out tomorrow, but since I'll be going to see Barack Obama speak at the Convention Center, I will have to wait until next week. But that's alright--plenty of time.

Tonight, no plans. I'm going to continue my reading of the BhagavadGita and order a few more books a friend recommended before my trip.

No comments: