Friday, May 11, 2007

INDIA: HERE I COME!

Well, it's official. (It was official before, but not it's REALLY official!) I wired the money to India this afternoon! Yes, now I am broke, but it's one of the best broke feelings I've had in a long time! This is more than a trip for me. Although I have a few scary things to accomplish before I can go, I am ready. I am ready to witness a culture so foreign to anything I have ever known. I am ready to be scared and overwhelmed and lost and excited and paranoid and mesmerized and awed and homesick.
Here's a brief outline of my trip:
Wednesday, June 27: Depart Newark on Continental Airlines Flight No. 82 at 8:45 p.m.
Thursday, June 28: Arrive New Delhi, India at 8:15 p.m.
Friday June 29-Sunday July 1: Chill in Delhi, try to acclimated to the time change and the wonder that is India!
Sunday, July 1-Tuesday, July 3: Chill in Mumbai: "Good Morning Mumbai!" I'm going to hang out, search for a Bollywood Dance Mob and look for Sanjay Dutt. :)
Wednesday, July 4: Travel via Kingfisher Airlines to Kochi, Kerala.
Thursday, July 5: See the sights of Kochi.
Friday, July 6: Drive to Kumarakom to the Coconut Lagoon Resort for my 6 day ayurvedic/yoga retreat!
Friday, July 13: Transfer to the Marari Beach Resort for more R&R in Kerala!
Sunday, July 15: Fly via Kingfisher Airlines to Mumbai and then on to Delhi.
Monday, July 16: Tour the city of Delhi.
Tuesday, July 17: Fly on Spice Jet to the Hindu city of pilgrimmage of Varanasi.
Wednesday, July 18: Sunrise cruise on the Ganges and tour Varanasi. In the evening, I board an overnight train to Agra.
Thursday, July 19: Arrive in Agra and tour the majestic Taj Mahal.
Friday, July 20: Drive to Fatehpur Sikri and then on to Jaipur.
Saturday, July 21: Tour Jaipur (includes an elephant ride up to the top of the Amber Fort!!)
Sunday, July 22: Drive back to Delhi
Monday, July 23-July 25: Chill in Delhi, get lots of gifts for all my wonderful friends and get ready to come back to the good ol' U.S.A.
Wednesday, July 25: Leave Delhi at 10:50 p.m. on Continental Flight 83.
Many more details when the trip is actually happening!

No comments: