Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bogie Christmas


This year for Christmas I am house sitting for some friends. I am very much looking forward to escaping to their place and enjoying a change in scenary. It's almost like a little vacation for me. I know the space will be filled with positive, amazing energy and I can't wait to soak it all up! As for spending the holiday alone, this is what I prefer. It's the norm for me, a "tradition" that I have become quite familiar and happy with.

This year, I plan to relax, read, do some yoga, and enjoy a plethora of Humphrey Bogart films. I first saw him in Casablanca a few months ago with Dogwood. That was the first time I'd seen Casablanca and I absolutely loved it, and fell in love with Bogie. I've requested 4 titles from the library to take with me to my friends' and have a Bogie-fest. My selections are: The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon, Sahara and (of course) Casablanca. [My selections are mainly due to the limited availability of Bogart films at the RCPL. I would still like to see a few others as well.]

To me, it doesn't get much better than sitting back with a glass of wine whilst enjoying a great film. This is going to be a wonderful and joyous Christmas!

No comments: