Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Space to Fill

I moved several pieces of furniture around my house this past weekend, transporting one of my bookshelves to the living room. While the one bookshelf already in there is completely filled with glorious books, this one looks a tad sparse. Not needing much encouragement really, I have decided to indulge and purchase a few more books for this sad little bookshelf that desperately needs books on it to make it happy. A few of my choices:

Left For Dead: My Journey Home from Everest by Beck Weathers

High Exposure: An Enduring Passion for Everest by David Breashears

Priestblock 25487: A Memoir of Dachau by Jean Bernard

This Our Exile: A Spiritual Journey With the Refugees of East Africa by James Martin, SJ

Making All Things New by Henri Nouwen

An Infinity of Little Hours: Five Young Men and Their Trial of Faith in the Western World's Most Austere Monastic Order by Nancy Maguire

The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachar

No comments: