Monday, March 17, 2008

Went to the Green

5K run went rather well on Saturday. I am happy to report that I didn't stop and finished in under my goal time, so I am rather thrilled. The results have been posted and I finished 625th out of 1500 with a time of 27:37 (that's a pace of 8:54 per mile).

I do not care for running. I don't like my lungs feeling like they're about to explode or my legs feeling as if they are going to give out at any moment. However, there's something exhilarating about it which challenges me to really push my limits and flirt with my edge. The minute I finish a race (and debate whether or not I am going to throw up) I say "I am NEVER doing this again." But shortly thereafter, once my legs have recovered and I see my results, I am inspired to do it again--to beat my best time, to be a part of the mayhem again. On that note, I have convinced Kili to run with me in the Fidler 5K on Saturday, April 19 benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Ma and Pa will be out of town and unable to run (boo!) and I am still waiting to hear back from one other person. If anyone else is interested--join us!

So now I have another race to "train" for and a new pace time to beat. My new goal: 8:00 miles.

2 comments:

Dogwood Dell said...

You're getting what's known as a "Runner's High" when you push yourself.

Best of luck on meeting your goal!

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

YOU GO