Thursday, April 10, 2008

Germany Here I Come!

So Nauru and I bought our tickets today to Europe!!! We're flying directly from Washington, DC to Frankfurt, Germany. Always wanting to see Germany, I'm so excited! From there, we're headed most likely to Brussels and then south to Zurich and then Lucern. He's not forgotten my request to see the Eiger, so we'll have to work that in somehow. I am so excited!!

Part of this adventure is getting to DC. Normally, I would fly, but in checking the flights, they are only about $100 less than our flight to Europe--how crazy is that!?! So, I am going to take the train from Columbia to DC. It's an 11 hour trip, but having talked to a few people, they say it's not so bad. You can get up and walk around, head to the dining car, etc. I think it will be fun. I'll arrive at Union Station on Saturday afternoon and spend the next two nights in DC before departing for Germany. One down side to the train ride--I have to be at the station at 3:30 A.M. Not fun--but that's okay.

I simply cannot wait! I love traveling and being with someone will be an experience I've not had in quite awhile. Last time I had companions was last June in Puerto Rico! This will definitely be different and I am ecstatic. I feel so lucky to have this opportunity--especially with all the "c" stuff.

I feel so fortunate, so undeserving at times, for all the blessings in my life. I've been dealt my fair share of hardships and struggles, but I cannot waste my time focusing on that. I am so thankful and indebted for the wondrous things that have come my way. It's almost as if this trip comes as a celebration of the past 18 months--a way to remember what happened, but also to joyfully anticipate the new chapter of my life.

1 comment:

Laura Edwards said...

I'm so excited for you!! And you deserve every minute of it! When exactly do you leave? For how long will you be there? Did I say how excited I am for you? :) Love you and miss you!