Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Feeding the Addiction

Michael Pollan's bestseller "The Omnivore's Dilemma" sparked a national conversation about the way we see food, where our meals really come from. Although I've not yet read it, Kili raved about it. I've got way too many books on my "I want to read" list, and I'm currently reading three ("Eiger Dreams" by Jon Krakauer, "Hindu God Christian God" by Francis Clooney, and "Letters to a Young Catholic" by George Wiegel.) BUT--I couldn't pass up the newest book by Michael Pollan, "In Defense of Food," which expands on his ideas in "The Omnivore's Dilemma" about what to eat from the perspective of health. His mantra is simple: "Eat Food. Not too much, mostly plants."

You know, a lot of women splurge on shoes or handbags or jewelry--my vice is definitely books! I've got to stop buying books! But books never go out of style, you can never really grow out of them (with a few exceptions), and you can't lose yourself in a good necklace.

No comments: