Sunday, May 25, 2008

Wedding Bells

The weather was beyond perfect last night for the outdoor ceremony by the lake. And the wedding did start on time because every church in a 5-mile radius was ringing its bells as K walked down the aisle. Passers-by were stopping and taking pictures and I usually don't cry at weddings but this one got me. What got me was this: everything was simply perfect (the day, her dress, everything) and you can tell that these two people really love each other in the most selfless of ways. When he began reciting his vows, he couldn't even get them out. I've been to a fair amount of weddings, and it's usually the woman who's blubbering and snotting all over the place. She, of course, had tears streaming down her face, but he was so choked up and overcome with emotion, I couldn't help but be moved.

Afterwards we spent the evening at The Swiss House enjoying great company and even better food. (I did break my no-meat policy because I had pre-ordered the rack of lamb. Oh well, we can't be perfect all the time.) Last night was much calmer and more subdued than Friday evening. As you might imagine, we were all still pretty wiped out from Friday night, so sitting around and just talking was a wonderful way to spend the evening.

Today, I am up and moving slowly toward getting ready. I am really unsure about this "adventure." I've been told not to punk out by one of my elder bros, and I should probably heed that advice. You only live once, right? And it's not like I'll be jumping out of an airplane, although that was discussed! In all likelihood my little escapade will be a great story to tell (I mean, who doesn't love a good puke story) and I will be glad I did it.

And I PROMISE to get some pics up soon...it's just been crazy lately.

No comments: