Monday, May 21, 2007

Peter Turns 21

A good friend turned 21 on Sunday, so we celebrated this very special occasion on Saturday night. It was one hell of a party! It was probably one of the best parties I've been to in a long time, including most of my own! The crowd was interesting, crazy, fun and extremely entertaining. I haven't laughed like that in a very very long time. It was a fabulous night with new friendships forged and old friendships made stronger. I felt so fortunate to be among such wonderful people and tried like hell to savor every moment. Because as we all know, these precious moments fly by way too quickly. Being there reminded me to live in the moment--throw my worries out the window--and ENJOY LIFE! Sometimes I complain too much, dwell in the "it's not fair" aspect of life, take myself too seriously, and worst of all, let those pixies of anxiety twist my soul into a million different directions.
I was able to let go (without being reckless) and have one of the best (and most sleep-deprived) weekends of my life. And though I was as tired as I have ever been after going to work @ 7 a.m. on Sunday, I chose to meet my friends rather than sleep. I chose to have a few more moments of laughter. There's always the opportunity for sleep. The opportunity for real friendship doesn't always come along when needed or desired.
I am still on Cloud 9 because of this incredibly awesome weekend! Enjoy a few of the pics...

No comments: