Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day Two's Consequences

Today I woke up in serious pain. I need to be lifted up by a crane and dropped into a large vat of Aspercream. Everything from my ankles to my ribs is sore. Sore to the point of wanting to jump off my front porch rather than walk down the 18 stairs to get to the sidewalk.

The late afternoon game of racquetball with a member of the clergy yesterday didn't help either. I should have just said NO to the game of racquetball--but when one has the desire to kick some one's butt, it's hard to say no. I paid for that yesterday (since he beat the pants off me), and then of course, today, I cannot move without aches and pains.

Oy! I feel old!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The aches and pains are from a lack of exercise, not from being "too old". Cowboy up and stop complaining!

My aplogies for your loss to a certain clergy member but I'm sure you'll find other opportunities to beat him in the future.

By the way, the pain will diminish as time passes and your body gets used to the running.

See you tonight,
Dogwood