Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mediterranean Cooking:

Tonight is my first Mediterranean Cooking for Life class. I'm really excited and a tad bit nervous. It feels like the first day of school--new teacher, new classmates, new totally foreign environment. And for me, a kitchen is the most foreign environment I have ever taken a class in. Sure, I managed my way through Home Economics in middle school, but that was pretty easy stuff. Tonight it's a whole new ball game.

Most people simply laugh when I tell them I am branching out and attempting these cooking classes. I don't blame them--with my cooking history, the next few weeks are bound to be entertaining and interesting. My mom told me today "not to blow anything up." Thanks for the confidence Mother! :-)

I've wanted to do new things and try new things, so this is a good place to start. Who knows, I might actually learn how to do a thing or two and be quite good at it. There's also the possibility of needing to know how to do some of this stuff in the not-so-far-off future. So, here I go with an open mind and an open oven mitt!

1 comment:

St. Elizabeth of Cayce said...

Well, the dolmades were a great start! If this is the sort of stuff they're teaching you, this will be a wonderful class.