Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Randomness

This past weekend I visited Richmond, VA with some very good friends and had a great time. It was exhausting, but lots of fun! What a great city Richmond is! The shopping was great (Carytown rocks)! I got lots of goodies for the Fall. Now if the weather would just get a little cooler so I can wear those new sweaters!

I received my new book today, Jesuit Off-Broadway, written by James Martin, SJ. I've only read about 10 pages, but already love it! A theatre company in NYC performed a play in 2005 called The Last Days of Judas Iscariot and asked Fr. Martin to be their "theological advisor." What little I do know about the play itself, it seems like something Trustus would perform. It takes place in a courtroom in a town called Hope, near purgatory, with Judas on trial with jury members such as Mother Teresa, Caiaphas, Pilate, Sigmund Freud and Simon the Zealot. Should be very interesting reading about his perspective on Judas, forgiveness and the theatre as well. I'm super excited.

Not much planned for this week really. Friday I am trying something new, however. I am going to see an acupuncturist. A friend from work so kindly offered this to me, and I thought "Hey, it can't hurt!" I think there's something to holistic treatments and health care in addition to traditional Western medicine. This Friday is just a consultation, but I am really excited nonetheless.

Saturday I was thinking of running in the Red Cross 5K here in Columbia as a sort of preparation for the Governor's Cup. But, due to certain events that have taken place earlier this week, I think I might pass. I can't imagine running right now, but maybe by the end of the week I'll feel differently. Still--might be a good idea to rest and resume next week.

I've been rather down and removed today. I know things will get better and that "tomorrow is another day." I did have the opportunity to make a friend very happy today, which made my heart soar. There's something unspeakably wonderful about giving someone something you know they'll adore and appreciate. I should do things like that more often...

1 comment:

Dogwood Dell said...

Take care of yourself! Don't worry about the run and just stick with what you need to do.

BTW...We had fun this past weekend as well. Check the pics on my blog!