Friday, March 14, 2008

Decisions Part 2

So, after much thought and prayer, I have decided to turn down the job offered to me. I think it's in my best interest for many reasons to continue what I am doing now. It would have been a major change in lifestyle and other factors didn't make it all that appealing.

Actually, in turning it down, I received a "project" from my boss that is incredibly exciting and will definitely be challenging. He will be traveling to a university in Michigan this summer in hopes to land the bid for Sodexho to take over the food service contract. I will be primarily responsible for gathering statistics, conducting research and ultimately writing the proposal for him. Very cool. I feel that this opportunity can definitely be beneficial to my career development and I will gain new skills that should surely be marketable one day.

So it's been an interesting day, needless to say. This afternoon (depending on the weather) I will most likely go for a run, take a nap or paint the bedroom. Tonight Kili and I are going to see Sweeney Todd at the Workshop Theatre, which I am very much looking forward to. Then it's early to bed because the Get to the Green 5K is tomorrow bright and early! Pa isn't feeling well and may not be running. :( But it will be great having him and Mom there to cheer us on!

No comments: