Friday, May 9, 2008

Travel

One of my favorite things to do is travel. I love seeing new things, tasting new exotic flavors, and experiencing moments of frustration followed by incomparable joy. I was looking around the NY Times' Travel section today and noticed that San Juan, PR is one of their most recommended travel spots. My visit there last June with my bros was an experience: not necessarily good or bad, but it was what it was. The company was great, some of the beaches were gorgeous, and one night in particular did we create lasting memories.

It was our final night in PR, and we decided to go to Old San Juan for dinner and to see the old fort, Castillo San Felipe del Morro. We got there too late to go inside, however the sun was just setting and children were still flying their kites on the massive lawn. We balanced on a ridiculously high wall, with one of my bros constantly threatening to throw me off, took pictures and enjoyed our last night in the old city.


It's a memory I recall when I am sad or just feeling nostalgic. It will always be one of my favorite memories, until I have no more.

No comments: