Monday, August 4, 2008

Nada

Not much is going on in my world. Didn't go to Hershey Park last week due to some "miscommunication" between parties. So I spent the day at the National Gallery of Art and had a really wonderful time with Renoir, Monet, Van Gogh, Picasso and a few of my other favorites. I had never been and it was a good idea to do something different and expand my world a bit more. This week with a day off, I plan to kayak on the Potomac. Again, something I wouldn't normally do but I feel I should take advantage of this city as my days are dwindling.

Speaking of time winding down, I have about 27 days left here (well, if you count next week's trip to Beantown then I only have 24 days left). I have mixed feelings for leaving for various reasons, but for the most part I am ready. 24 days is nothing. I can do that standing on my head. I can't believe the summer is already almost over. Time flies when you're 27.

2 comments:

Dogwood Dell said...

I love the National Gallery! Many a Washington day visit was spent wandering the rooms and marble columns.

Oh...and some great art work!

Just don't remind me about Vermeer.

Mattheus Mei said...

ain't it the truth... the old addage time flys when you're having fun just doesn't say enough when you're in your 20s.

And who wouldn't want to spend time with Renoir? Glad you're making it out and about around town other than work and home on the red line