Friday, July 6, 2007

Coconut Lagoon

Well, I am very surprised and ecstatic to see that the luxurious Coconut Lagoon Resort has a FREE business center! This place is simply breathtaking! There's so much to do and see with everything from backwater cruises, canoe trips, bird watching, butterfly garden tours, yoga, ayurveda treatments, sunset cruises, cooking demonstrations--and I could go on and on and on! I am staying in a Mansion Villa which is a two-story room wih the 4-poster bed being up in the loft. The bathrooms are OUTSIDE! It is my own private bath which has four high walls with an open ceiling. It is so cool. Unfortunately I won't be able to post any pictures since I am not on my laptop, but believe me when I say this hotel is amazing!
For lunch I had a mango flavored soup, marsala spiced prawns, kerala fish curry and organic brown rice. This is, by far, the best meal I've had in India. (And they have Coke products!) I know I am going to be 100% spoiled by the end of these 7 days.
This afternoon I am having the first of my ayurvedic treatments--a massage. Following that bliss, I will particiate in the yoga and meditation. Then I will wander over to dinner and perhaps splurge and have a cocktail poolside this evening. But it is early to bed because yoga is at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Fr. Gaurav Shroff said...

Take lots of pictures! Surely you can hook your camera up to one of the computers at the Business Center? If they have a USB port that would work.

And it's "masala" not "marsala" (which is a province of Italy)

City Yogin said...

Sorry--didn't pay too much attention to the menu! OOPS! I'll check the computer for a USB and hopefully load up some pics in the morning!